We love what we do and we take pride in what we do. Each are some examples of the industries we have worked for. Each project is unique, entertaining, and meaningful in their own way. Feel free to give us a call to hear more about some of the more interesting projects over coffee!.
Banking & Finance
Conducting research in banking and finance often requires extensive networking of C-level executives as well as deep knowledge of the field itself. In addition to conducting usability testing of banking websites and testing new services within various consumer segments, WMM has the appropriate industry knowledge to conduct interviews and surveys to cover topics such as:
- Understanding implementation barriers for financial decision-makers to engage new financial service providers.
- Conducting interviews with CEOs of large companies in Europe to gather data and opinions regarding the global financial markets.
With the dynamic changes in regulations and product/service development in this industry, WMM continuously conducts research within this segment.
Consumer Goods & Appliances
From specialty food and beverage to consumer electronics to home and household white goods, WMM conducts studies using a comprehensive range of methods such as online diaries, home observation, home interviews, home product testing, etc. Some of our greatest accomplishments include:
- Taste- and package testing 220kg worth of various everyday products among 300 respondents in multiple countries through individual interviews and focus groups.
- Conducting shop-alongs and focus groups with families in the stores of one of the world’s largest furniture manufacturers.
- Conducting home interviews with dishwasher and washing machine users in multiple countries.
- Conducting new product clinics to test designs, materials, form factors, messaging, etc.
Fashion, Beauty & Apparel
The majority of our work within this segment has been with international clients around the globe, helping us gain valuable insights into how different cultures perceive aesthetics, beauty, and wellness.
Our portfolio of works includes:
- International benchmarking of customers’ in-store experience.
- Testing how brand experience translates to packaging and store experience.
- Exploring how visual styling drives online luxury purchases.
- Recruiting and conducting in-depth interviews to explore different skincare regimens for a high-end skincare product manufacturer.
Healthcare & Medical
Recruiting research participants in this field is often difficult due to the respondents’ restrictive work hours and/or patient privacy regulations. Due to our specialty practitioner network and knowledge of local governing regulations, we have been able to successfully implement projects such as:
- Recruiting 75 internists in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland for product test interviews.
- Organizing and moderating three days of user experience testing with behavioral stimuli for patients with a specific, rare, chronic heart failure condition in Germany.
- Recruiting and interviewing addicts to examine behavioral patterns and potential preventative measures in the consumption of addictive substances. Target respondents included test persons with psychotropic substance dependencies.
- Recruiting and conducting in-depth interviews to explore the usability and efficacy of phototherapy for infants.
- Recruiting and conducting surveys with oncologists regarding how to best present information that could lead to more efficient and accurate diagnoses.
From fashion to hospitality to food and beverage, WMM conducts market research fieldwork with luxury products and service providers in order to understand their current and future segments better and to create a better consumer experience for their clientele.
WMM is constantly re-defining the “luxury segment” demographic by expanding our database to include aspiring entrepreneurs, seasoned C-suite, and high-net-worth individuals. We have become more creative in designing custom incentive packages and research methodologies to entice respondents to participate.
Media, Technology, & eCommerce
The WMM Team is always excited to be a part of product development exploration and user experience testing for the latest and greatest next-generation technology product. Here are some examples of our projects:
- Evaluating new features for online movie and music streaming companies.
- Evaluating new user interfaces for one of the world’s largest online marketplaces.
- User testing online gaming platforms.
- User testing specialty software such as CAD (computer-aided design) software with architects, engineers, technical drawing experts, etc.
- Exploring the potential of 360-degree cameras among professional and amateur photographers.
- Exploring the efficacy of a digital surface data input mechanism through interview and product testing.
This industry has evolved significantly over time and we are proud to be a part of identifying the drivers of those changes for companies that are making leaps and bounds to advance the industry. Our team are equally skilled in recruiting a variety of segments from those who favors ownership to access to those who favors other alternative consumption model.
Additionally we also explore the field of logistic mobility in helping to improve mass movement of goods (supply chain improvement) and people (public mass transit experience). The results of these studies also benefited companies such as consumer electronic makers, online media providers, telecommunication providers as well as logistic and government transportation service providers.
Travel & Leisure
Over the years, WMM has completed multiple studies with various large travel and leisure service organizations such as car rental companies, cruise ship lines, and airlines. In this highly competitive category, we focused on how companies can anticipate and design different services in order to provide the consumer with the most memorable experience.
Teens, Tweens, & Children
We have recruited and conducted usability studies with children from ages 5 to 18 years old (and their parents) as they interact with physical, educational, and digital (apps, etc.) toys. Children and teenagers, together with their parents, are always an important part of many consumer goods and electronics studies. Our scope of work often includes:
- Exploring the effect of changing data privacy regulations with regard to how families interact with digital content.
- Testing usability on social media applications for children.
- Testing usability on instruction manuals for toys.
Bringing You Closer to Your Customers
With 15 years of industry experience, we get meaningful answers to your questions through reliable recruiting and strategic combinations of research methods.
Your Time is Valuable
We know getting quotes for projects can be a lot of work, so we make things easier for you. Let us know how we can assist you.